Eco-Friendly Events Planning Guide
Being eco-friendly may feel like a lot of work and that's why we created this Eco-Friendly Event Planning Guide to ease your planning journey. This guide will have all the answers on how to plan an eco-friendly party.
Remember, implementing just a couple of ideas from this guide is already a huge step.
> Use organic catering companies
> Add vegan and vegetarian dishes to your menu
> Avoid processed foods
> Donate leftovers
> Recalculate your portion sizes – avoid ordering too much food and inform guests about portions sizes
> Use edible decorations
> Use reusable or paper straws
> Use edible decorations like herbs, berries, and spices
> Serve drinks in glass dispensers instead of disposable bottles
- Rent utensils
- Use fabric napkins
- If you buy disposable utensils, choose biodegradable and compostable (preferred)
- Give everyone one set of utensils to use throughout the whole event
- Serve food that can be served only with a napkin
<3 Fabric tassels, banners and paper lanterns
NO Paper and plastic confetti
<3 Flower and biodegradable confetti
NO Printed signs
<3 Chalkboards, vintage frames
NO Paraffin candles
<3 Soy wax, coconut wax or bees wax candles OR party lights
NO Disposable party accessories
<3 Reusable party hats and photo booth props
- Edible invitations - Send cupcakes, candy or any other treats
- Reusable invitations - Like home decoration, magnet, plants, or item that guests will bring back to the event.
5. Party Favors
> Plant is a perfect unisex gift.
Pro tip: you can first use them as party decoration
> Raise money for a charity.
> Inspire guests to donate more
> Give food -desserts, treats, candy, anything edible
> Instead of material choose an experience
> Support local and small business owners!
- Avoid trash as much as possible by following this guide
- Research what is the correct way to recycle in your city
- Foresee the trash your party will produce and plan how to recycle it correctly
- Create clear instructions and signs for recycling, make it catchy and fun for your guests to follow
- Hire Your D'light to plan your eco-friendly event